Vote For Me!
The Election Process (Role-Playing)
Vote For Me! is a hands-on program which teaches your students about the presidential election process from the primaries through the electoral college. During this program, four students are chosen to run for president, representing the “blue” and “gold” parties. Students must choose how to best use their resources as they campaign in the primaries, learn the strategies for picking a running mate and then stand up to the questions during the debate. The eventual winner is chosen through a general election, during which the students learn about the Electoral College and how electoral votes are assigned.
Your Students Will Learn
- The party system in politics
- The differences between open and closed primary elections
- How candidates must choose how and where to spend campaign resources
- Delegates and national conventions
- The process of choosing a vice president
- Party platforms
- The general election process
- The Electoral College
Indiana State Standards For Social Studies:
4.2.5, 4.2.6, 5.2.6, 8.2.2, 8.2.4, 8.2.8, 8.2.9